French, Monégasque, Italian, English
At the time of writing EU and US citizens do not require a visa to enter Monaco. Please check with the Monaco consulate in your country or your travel agency.
The currency used in Monaco is the Euro. Most credit cards and charge cards are accepted at hotels and retail outlets.
Most restaurants include a service charge of 15 per cent. Where there isn't a service charge most people give 10 to 15 per cent. Although not compulsory quite a few people will leave a Euro in a coffee bar if the service has been acceptable. Taxi drivers are usually given 15 per cent of the fare.
MONACO PUBLIC HOLIDAYS 2007
Always consider when planning your trip, entertainment and transport may be affected during a holiday.
- Mon Jan 1 - New Year's Day
- Sat Jan 27 - Saint Devote's Day
- Sun 8 Apr - Easter Sunday
- Mon 9 Apr - Easter Monday
- Tue 1 May - Labour Day
- Thu 17 May - Ascension
- Sun 27 May - Whit Sunday (Pentecost)
- Mon 28 May - Whit Monday
- Thu 7 June - Corpus Christi Day
- Wed 15 Aug - Assumption
- Thu 1 Nov - All Saint's Day
- Mon 19 Nov - National Day
- Sat 8 Dec - Immaculate Conception Day
- Tue 25 Dec - Christmas Day